Monday 2 January 2012

CLIL, eTwinning and more: most popular posts of 2011

2011 has been a very busy and surprising year in my life as a teacher. I've had lots of "surprising problems" and lots of "surprising rewards" as well (not meaning the big awards here - though they were more than welcome of course! - but the tiny everyday success stories, half smiles of my students, little exciting "I can" moments, and so on).

This blog is definitely one of the surprising rewards. The people I met here, the support I got (and I'm getting right now), the ideas that were born here through sharing.
Yes, 2011 was a great year for LifelongLearningTeachers.

And I'd like to welcome the new year by having a look at the posts that were most viewed, commented on and discussed in 2011. Now, let's see what all the buzz was about!

1) eTwinning Conference "Leading 21st century education" part 1, part 2, and conclusion
the before during and after of a challenging event...with most etwinners being rather skeptical I'm afraid (but maybe we'll be surprised, who knows?)

2) structure of a (CLIL) lesson - start with the pupils
the basic structure of a (CLIL) lesson as presented by Dr Diana Hicks

3) CLIL: language teacher or subject teacher?
still the burning question...

4) my best CLIL lesson of 2011 and CLIL lesson for Science/Geography
practical tips for the everyday lesson: I'm glad you liked this, and I'm planning to share more!

5)  how do you fight boredom in the classroom?
well, it looks like we all have a common problem to deal with!

I'm closing this post, wishing you all a very happy and successful 2012, with the most viewed post of all times. It's a post about traditions, celebrating and children (and adults) having fun: Gigantes y Cabezudos ! Thank you Elena!

And I'd  like to thank here all of the great teachers who lived with us the LLT adventure from the very beginning. Thank you everybody.

Have a great new year!

5 comments:

  1. Dear Friends,
    sharing our experiences and read about your ideas is always helpful and great.
    Have a happy happy new year and be with us in this great LifelongLearningTeachers adventure:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was not here at the beginning of the story, but I'm glad I did join in this journey.
    Thanks everybody for sharing your ideas and your concerns as dedicated teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! so, let's go on with this teaching and sharing adventure. I'm excited and curious: who knows what this 2012 will bring?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year everybody! And always happy to be on board :)
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy to be here, too! Have an happy 2012 everybody (despite the end of the world :) !!!!)
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete